- Olympio has acquired 100% of the advanced Cadillac Lithium Project, located in the rapidly emerging Cadillac-Pontiac lithium camp in the Abitibi Témiscamingue region, ~70 km west of Val-d’Or, Québec
- Large scale project comprising 334 contiguous mining claims covering 189km2
- First pass drilling completed by vendor with grades up to 1m@ 3.14% Li2O in hole CAD-22-04A and spodumene crystals observed in core
- Excellent infrastructure and access including hydro power and serviced by major mining centres of Rouyn-Noranda and Val-d’Or
Previous exploration on the Cadillac Project by Vision has demonstrated the potential for the project to be highly prospective for bulk tonnage spodumene mineralisation.
- Channel samples taken from exposed pegmatite dykes in late 2021 returned up to 2.17% Li2O over 5.5m (Channel R7)
- Diamond core drilling in April 2022 confirmed the presence of significant lithium values over the known length of the pegmatite dike as observed on surface. Results released by previous operator, Vision Lithium, include:
- 1.00m @ 3.14 Li2O from 31m (CAD-22-04A)
- 1.20m @ 2.65 Li2O from 47.4m (CAD-22-07)
- 3.14m @ 1.31 Li2O from 142m (CAD-22-07)
- 6.40m @ 1.00 Li2O from 152m (CAD-22-13)
- 1.00m @ 2.73 Li2O from 29m (CAD-22-23)
- 2.00m @ 2.00 Li2O from 37m (CAD-22-25)
The Cadillac Project is located in a highly prospective position within Sayona Mining’s (ASX:SYA) Abitibi Hub, which hosts Canada’s only operating lithium mine, between SYA’s Authier and Tansim Projects. It also adjoins Winsome Resources’ (ASX:WR1) Decelles Project. The project remains largely unexplored for lithium beyond the Wells-Lacourcière spodumene-pegmatite Prospect.
Recent aeromagnetic survey data review and LiDAR reprocessing and digital mapping by pegmatite mapping specialists Geomantia Consulting has identified over 400 pegmatite targets in the project area. Pegmatite targets have been prioritized based on proximity to intrusions, structural context, topographic anomaly and magnetic response. Numerous pegmatite targets share similar geological context to the spodumene bearing Wells-Lacourcière pegmatite Prospect. Further field exploration is planned for the 2024 field season.